The weather warmed up and the snow melted, so we were finally able to start playing soccer. James is on a co-ed team and they are the badgers. I was happy to hear that he didn't have to be on the cockroaches. Jon is the assistant coach, his main job right now is to make sure they take turns and don't use their hands.
James was getting ready to kick the ball, he is wearing the bright green under his uniform.
James loves soccer so far, he likes his special socks(shin guards) and that he gets to wear a special uniform. Michael loves that James is in soccer too because we bought a new ball that he gets to kick around.
Michael was able to play on the field before the game started. I brought along a little basketball that I thought we could toss back and forth, he ended up kicking it around the field.
James loves soccer so far, he likes his special socks(shin guards) and that he gets to wear a special uniform. Michael loves that James is in soccer too because we bought a new ball that he gets to kick around.
Michael was able to play on the field before the game started. I brought along a little basketball that I thought we could toss back and forth, he ended up kicking it around the field.
The game started, they seemed to have fun for the most part. There were a few tears and a few kids weren't sure if they wanted to play. I think it went well, or at least I heard that it did.
Michael is playing with his ball and he is very excited about the bag of balls that no one is playing with or watching.
Michael did not understand or want to understand that he could not go onto the field once the game started. He wanted to be with Jon and James and I would not let him so he began to throw some tantrums. It was cold out and it was his nap time so I ended up taking him to the van for the rest of the game. On the way to the van he kept saying "no! I'm fast, I'm fast mamma!" I thought it was funny and sad because I know he really wanted to play and for the most part he does a great job kicking the ball. He has two more years then he can show us how fast he is out there. He calmed down once I gave him some warm milk in the van and turned on some music. 45 minutes later the game was over and we went home. James was very proud to have played in his first soccer game, the only thing he said he would change is the mud. He asked if the fields could be empty of mud for the next game. We will keep you posted on whether or not that happens.




No comments:
Post a Comment