James loves to copy me when I paint, I usually just give him a brush and he pretends to paint the pictures that I have already painted. After a while he would ask for paint by pointing to my paints and saying "more", so I decided to strip him down and give him some paints.
He loved to paint with his brushes, and while painting I am trying to teach him some of the colors. Don't worry we are sticking with the basics, next month we will start learning tangerine, turquoise, and salmon.
He had to concentrate on the painting.
The first painting went so well and he kept asking to "paint". So I decided to give him a bigger project. I got everything set up and then I called in the artist.'/
He was so excited that when I said "all ready" he came running.
James working on his masterpiece.
When he was done he had to inspect it to make sure it really was finished.
I liked it so much that I framed it and put it over the fireplace.
After I put it up I called him into the living room, he was so excited to see his painting up. As soon as Jon got home from work that night he took him into the living room to show him his art work and to tell him all about it.
2 comments:
Looks like you have a budding artist on your hands! I'm very impressed with his attention span for painting. James is getting so big!
~Becky
The masterpiece looks great above the fireplace!
Post a Comment